BPI has the capability to review every aspect relating to the performance, reliability, stability and adequacy of a power network.
By carrying out all the system studies needed we can ensure that you not only meet present load demands, but also future growth requirements.
We have a strong team of self-motivated, highly qualified and highly experienced engineers specialising in the design of power networks.
All studies are carried out using state of the art software such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, CYME, ERA ERACS, IPSA, AMTECH Protect HV, Strike risk and CDEGS.
In summary we perform the expert evaluations needed to plan, design and operate a power network:
- Renewable grid connection high level assessment and system studies
- Transmission and distribution network planning studies
- Distributed and embedded generation network studies
- Industrial power systems studies
- Power quality and harmonics analysis
- Protection co-ordination studies and protection relay setting calculation
- Lightning risk assessments
- Grid Code compliance studies
- Soil resistivity measurements
- Complete earthing design of wind farm and substations
- Arc-flash hazard studies
Our team has performed many successful projects for power sector utilities such as generation, transmission and distribution companies, particularly in the area of power system planning and renewable generation connection.
Our clients include UK Power Networks, EDF Energy, Scottish Power Energy Networks, Ministry of Defence, Saudi Electricity Company, National Guard Health Authority, Ecotricity, Michelin Tyres plc and Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board.
Thanks to the dedication of the Power Systems team, we have built a strong reputation with our clients for delivering the best solutions - on time and to their complete satisfaction.