Civil and structural
The BPI civil and structural design team have completed a range of substation designs throughout the UK for both DNO’s and private clients. The team uses the latest civil and structural design software systems STRAD and RC Detailer to an expert level, producing designs with a complete set of construction drawings and supporting calculations.
The development, planning and civil/structural design of electrical substations, buildings and other infrastructure requires great care and understanding. At BPI our highly experienced team can ensure that all the requirements of a modern project are met without compromise. Environmental, ecological, sustainability, land drainage, local planning, architectural, operational and safety are some of the often conflicting requirements that must be satisfied to the exacting requirements of stakeholders.
- Structural design and structural surveys for all major materials including structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber, earthworks and foundations
- Building detail design for all industrial buildings
- Specification and management of surveys, including geotechnical, topographical and environment noise impact etc.
- Design of specialist structures such as bunds, gantries, electrical support structures, drainage and roads
- Feasibility, conceptual design, planning drawings, value engineering, flood assessments, SHE and other technical reports
Our UK clients are both extensive and diverse. The key to producing a cost effective and optimised design is to work closely with the client from the outset of any project and maintain this close working arrangement throughout the project life cycle. BPI previously worked predominantly with DNO’s but we are now extending our client portfolio in to the renewable energy and industrial sectors.
One of the strengths of our in-house team is the cooperation and support between the civil/structural and electrical specialist teams.
This close working relationship gives us a special strength when working on electrical projects. It also helps us avoid problems and facilitates quick, efficient, effective and safe project designs, with the ability to design, commit and deliver to projects working to tight timescales. Our designers use the latest UK and Euro codes.
Over the years, we are proud to have built a strong reputation with our clients for delivering solutions which have satisfied their exact requirements, as well as those of all stakeholders.