We are currently recruiting for the following role:
Protection & Control Design Engineer
Due to an influx of new work, we are looking to recruit a P&C Design Engineer to work in either our Boldon or Wakefield offices, to assist with the design and specification of Protection and Control systems for a number of Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) and private clients. Due to the nature and size of the business, there may also be opportunities to work on overseas projects.
Main duties will include:
- Producing designs for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 132kV (Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, General Arrangements, Wiring Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams/Schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.)
- Producing specifications for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 132kV
- Working alongside other designers, construction professionals and engineering teams
- Liaising with the Power Systems, Primary and Civil design departments to ensure that all objectives are met and that the best possible design is submitted
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including the end client, other design houses and consultancies as well as other internal departments
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing Protection and Control systems up to 132kV
- Good understanding of power industry (particularly UK) including technical standards
- Competent with relevant software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Raster Design, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adhere to budgets and programmes
- Good communication skills
- HNC or Degree in an appropriate discipline
To apply, please click here.