Senior Power Systems Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Senior Power Systems Engineer to join our Colchester based power systems team, supporting the delivery of 11kV to 132kV network analysis studies for UK customers.
The role will require travel between our other offices and client site locations across the UK, with overnight stays where necessary. We, therefore, expect our candidates to be flexible. For the right candidate we would be willing to consider a base in either our Wakefield or Boldon offices.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Load flow, short-circuit, harmonic, transient stability, voltage regulation, cable sizing and optimisation and power factor improvement studies for renewable grid connection projects
- Transmission and distribution system studies
- Wind farm and substation earthing design studies
- Protection co-ordination studies and relay setting calculations
- Conceptual and detailed design of networks, substations etc.
- Management of non-complex projects
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Performing system studies to meet client’s and Distribution Code/Grid Code requirements
- Producing simple and conclusive technical reports
- Carrying out detailed design work for wind farm connections and distribution substations including plant specifications
- Supporting Principal Engineers in the delivery of their projects and ensuring that work is delivered within time and budget and to the customer’s expectations
- Supporting operational staff and answering technical queries
- Liaising with internal and external clients and suppliers to answer technical queries
- Review the reports and drawings done by Junior Engineers
- Mentoring Junior Engineers
The following attributes are essential:
- Substantial previous experience in a similar power systems related role
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work either alone or as a part of a team
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a very disciplined environment
To apply, please click here.